This Seems Endless

I'm reading a new book.  I know, I know...surprise, surprise.  It isn't that I don't long to do other things with my day, I mean after all, when I got home from an 11 hour day at work hubby and I talked...ok, so we said a couple of sentences.  The girls and I spent time together and then we all cleaned the kitchen and cooked dinner.  Now that the girls are getting ready for bed, here I sit tapping away with the vaguest of ideas as to what I will talk about!

I am happy to say that this calorie counting thing has took a turn for the positive.  I have lost 2 pounds since last Monday when I last weighed in.  Two stinking pounds!  Yes that is one...two... not exactly what I was looking for.  Especially since I feel like I have all but starved myself for a week straight.  No, really I can't say that.  I have read product labels, measured out portion sizes, consumed enough water to make a fish envious and still only 2 pounds.  Yes, they say that is good.  I had hopes of starting up with the Wii fit this week.  Alas, the silly thing is broke.  Hubby thinks it is the reader.  I don't know, all I know is that it isn't functioning and I am now starting phase two later than anticipated.

Which brings me to my book.  Another love story and yet another one with the main background being centered around food.  I think I am a glutton for punishment, pardon the pun!  I try each year to make new strides in the weight loss arena.  However, I have been plagues with this "weight" thing since birth and frankly, 3 children didn't help the matter!  Now, I'm not in the least bit regretting them, just my penchant for loving food.  I wonder how it is that Marilyn Monroe could toot this size and everyone gushed, women these days do and it is nothing but finger pointing.  (Yes, most of that is while staring at oneself in the mirror.)  I would like to boycott clothing manufacturers too.  Seriously, if I am big enough to wear this size, please think to put in the extra material required to make the clothing look right! 

Anyway, in the end, it is what it is.  I will continue, as long as my will power holds up, to count those blasted calories.  (Thank you to Sparkpeople.com for making this easier!)  So here's to reduced calorie, reduced fat, reduced cholesterol, reduced flavor, and hopefully in a couple of month's time a reduced size!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Kitchen Curtains

But Would You Still Say Yes?

One Car, Two Car - Red Car, Blue Car