The Joy of Everyday Life

I'm the type of person that constantly has to be doing something.  Be it, at home, at work or elsewhere.  I like to stay occupied.  Perhaps I am ADHD or I suffer from extreme bouts of boredom, who knows really?  For instance, this moment, I'm typing away at the keyboard, I have the balance of my homework to read, the dishes to finish, a scrapbook layout I want to start and at least another couple of chapters in the Hound of the Baskervilles I want to read.  All this and beddy-by no later than 9pm (T minus 3.5 hours and counting.)  So, again, is this a short attention span, a case of "I can't stand to do the same thing for long periods of time without the option to break up the monotony of it'" or a great example of multi-tasking?   I think I will go with the later as it gives me the appearance of effective use of time.

There are days that I just want to rant, to point out all the things that rub me the wrong way about other people.  In fact there are times when these types of thoughts and moments dominate my day.  I tend to feel this way about a singular individual, rather a singular household.  I look and see where constant portrayal of facts does not mirror image the actuality of them.  These things burn my butt!  It is almost as if the act of gaining attention or pity supersedes the person's ability to think.  Then, in retrospect, I realize that God has yet again, shown me another Bible story.  I truly love practical application, even if it is a lesson that gets taught time and again.

Lesson 1: Matthew 7:3
“Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?
  • I have issues of my own.  I am not a perfect example of a Christian.  That is why God is continually working on me.  Who am I to be someone else's judge, when truly God is the one who will make that ultimate decision.
Lesson 2: John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
  • God so loved the WORLD.  Not just me, but everyone; that is why He sent His Son!  It is my responsibility as a child of His to reach those who do not know about His love.  I can't reach the lost when I have a plank in my eye! 

Lesson 3: Luke 16:13
“No one can serve two masters. Either you will hate the one and love the other, or you will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve both God and money.”
  • Last, but certainly not least, this humbling truth.  The plank I have, is focused on their "money" speck.  Pure and simple.  Green. Money vs. envy.  Perhaps they don't have the love of the Lord in their hearts because they have the love of money their instead.  I can't prove the motives of their heart, but what I can do is love them the way that Christ loves them and hope in turn, this plank will back its way out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Slight Wardrobe Modification

My Kitchen Curtains

Not Thinking About It