The Art of Understanding

An ancient Chinese Proverb (as if they aren't all ancient) says; "Seek to understand before seeking to be understood."  I wonder what this world, myself definitely included, would be like if this principle was applied to daily life?  Would there be less strife and anger?  Would there be less hatred and murder?  I heard in church tonight that 11 police officers have been killed in the line of duty in the past 24 hours!  11!  WOW!  Could those have been avoided with some understanding?  Nah, this one probably needs to go into the morality bucket, or rather the lack of.  Sometimes I really wonder about people.  There is no value in human life.  It is a given.  Like as if there wasn't any part to it other than science.   Yet science still, despite prattling off a bunch of facts, cannot account for how science itself began.  Ah the mysteries of the universe.  Yep, you know me - it is what it is and God created it all - that is enough for me.

I am less than 9 days from my first flight towards Israel.  It seems so far away and yet so close at the same time.  I was told today, also at church, by a dear friend that she has been praying for my trip.  That touched my heart in untold ways.  Doesn't it always feel good to know that you are being prayed for?  Its like knowing someone has a vested interest in your life.  That you aren't simply just matter taking up space.  Can I admit that I am still a little scared that something isn't going to work out, that next Friday I'm going to get a call (or sooner) saying ha ha ha the joke is on you?  I hate being so negative minded, but it is always there.  Then, I think of the journey I have taken that has gotten me to this point; each painful and exuberant step.  God was there.  He opened doors that I never could on my own; He kept doors open that should have been slammed in my face; He closed doors that I inwardly begged not to close.  He did it all.  HE DID IT ALL!

So, with that, I leave you with a link, or two, to the place I will be traveling to.  Yes, its ok to cry when you look at the pictures, I do...because my Jesus walked there, though now lives in my heart.
http://nazareth-israel.com/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazareth
http://travel.yahoo.com/p-travelguide-485743-nazareth_israel_vacations-i

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Slight Wardrobe Modification

My Kitchen Curtains

Not Thinking About It