Pinball Thoughts

Have you ever had so many things on your mind at once that you couldn't clearly articulate one thought?  That is how my mind is today.  There are so many things going on up there that I don't know how to sort them out and make them make sense.  I use this blog as my tool to try!

Please understand that I want to keep this blog upbeat-ish and happy.  I want it to be a source of encouragement and hope.  I want it to be a place you come back to because you care to see what is written.  However, there may be days where I fail.  Where the ugliness of what is going on in my life spews out negatively.  In those moments just know that hurt brings out a lot.  Pain hides nothing and in its quest to infect, its wounds are sometimes grotesquely evident.

Here are a few of the pinballs (thoughts) that I have had bouncing around in my head for the last day or so.  Hope you find some wisdom, or at least comfort in them.

Randomness:
1.  The only man that should matter in your life is the one who gave it to you - your Heavenly Father.
2.  Love hurts and breaks.
3.  Love also builds and triumphs.
4.  Use Biblical principles to weigh all advice.  After all, God gave us the Bible for such a reason.
5.  Friends, real honest-to-goodness friends, offer encouragement, sound advice, hugs, a shoulder to cry on, and their time.
6.  Seeking yourself in a lost world will guarantee you remain just as lost.
7.  Garbage in - Garbage out.  Mind what/who you watch, listen to, read, and follow.
8.  Children are remarkable reminders of attitudes and behaviors  adults can display.
9.  Parenting such children aids in your perspective.
10.  It is hard to gain perspective when you are only listening to that of others.
11.  God has a plan for you.  (Jeremiah 29:11)
12.  Personal time is a precious commodity.  Use it wisely.
13.  Be passionate.
14.  Embrace your uniqueness.  God never intended for us to be replicas of each other.
15.  Honor your commitments, no matter the difficulty.
16.  Lean not on your own understanding. (Proverbs 3:5-6)
17.  Accumulating more stuff will not make you happier.
18.  Challenge yourself.
19.  Make new memories, lasting ones, with those you love.
20.  Home is more than a just place.

And that lovelies, are a few of my random thoughts today.  I hope this Sunday finds itself to be a great one for you and that you are able to spend it with those you love.  Never take the love of another for granted; thank them, hold them, kiss them, and truly love them in return.

- M

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Kitchen Curtains

But Would You Still Say Yes?

A Slight Wardrobe Modification