Procrastination

Why do today, what you can put off until tomorrow?  Or wait, isn't it why put off until tomorrow what can be done today?  Oh, I always get it mixed up, but I do know one thing, procrastination always happens when life comes first.  Here is why: kids.  They don't care that you have homework or even an exam to take.  No, they still need fed, taken care of, time spent with,  or in other words, bonding.  So, what is the one thing that gets pushed aside?  Exactly, it isn't just one thing, it is many things, and for me that is anything that takes time away from them.  After all, it wasn't their choice that I went back to college as an adult.  Nope, no sirree, it was my desire to stay employed that did that.  Regardless, I have found that I've become the world's worst procrastinator and in all honesty I can't rightly blame it all on them, as easy as that would be.

Now, I'm sure if getting this degree was something I really wanted it would be a different story.  Oh, don't get me wrong, a higher education is something I really want and in some sense already have.  Granted, it is the form of a measly Associates Degree in Business.  Meh...with that these days you can't even find employment at McDonald's; which is why I am pursuing its big brother the Bachelor's of Science in Business Management...blech! 

So here, I sit, knowing I have T minus 12h 47m until the deadline for my Finance class on line exam and I really have no desire to start it.  I get 2 hours for said exam and it only covers 3 chapters (the first one was 90m and covered 6 chapters).  Now, I'm looking at that thinking, either it is really, really hard and he realized from the first exam that not all students are doing well or he added several more problems to the exam.  Either way, I am in no hurry to rush right into it and start.  Of course, not doing it now in no way removes the fact that it needs done, but...

...yes, yes, I know...I'm off to get it done!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Kitchen Curtains

But Would You Still Say Yes?

A Slight Wardrobe Modification