Time

Several years ago, circa late 1997/early 1998, I went on a group "date" with a bunch of friends and we watched a scary-ish movie with a song in it which lyrics stated "time is on my side, yes it is."  I can't help but to think, that though the memories of that evening are greatly shadowed and the people I shared it with are vastly dispersed from my life right now, that there was some truth in the matter.  I know this probably seems like a form of psycho babble, but work with me here.

Time has a way of being on our side.  No, really.  I know that it flies and it is something no matter how hard you try you will never get back, but it is those moments you are given that are truly yours; they are essentially on your side.  For instance, this weekend, the sum of 48 hours, in no way held the adventure, the lure, the promise, of great memories being made, but it held in it time spent in my home, with my family, doing what families do.

What does that picture look like?  Oh, for certain it looks nothing like your picture, but in the album of my mind it has a place.  I won't have a song to recollect it in the next decade or two.  In fact, I wouldn't count on being able to describe it to you in another week, but for what it was and is finishing to be, it was my time and it was on my side.

May you start your day, or finish it, with the thought that though it may not have held all it could have, it was given to you none-the-less and for that you were able to walk side by side with it.  Happy memory making to you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Kitchen Curtains

One Car, Two Car - Red Car, Blue Car

A Slight Wardrobe Modification