Broken and Beautiful

OK, so I am moving a little slow through James.  Well, it is has more to do with my inconsistency of devotional time.  I reread James 4 this morning, more from forgetting where I left off rather than the desire to reread it, but boy am I glad I did, since last time (being a couple of days ago) I totally missed this section. Perhaps God is talking to me after all.
 
How many times have you been tempted to think to yourself or whisper to another something negative about yet another person?  Now, now, don't sit there and try to say you've never done such a thing.  You are human; therefore, it has happened.  How do I know?  Because I have done the same thing!  Ah-GASP!  Don't be shocked, as I have probably shared the thoughts with one of you, or vice versa!

Here is what I read, rather reread, this morning, but actually understood or grasped as if for the first time.  (I love how God does that by the way; showing you something again as if for the first time.)

James 4:11-12 says: "Brothers, do not slander one another.  Anyone who speaks against his brother or judges him speaks against the law and judges it.  When you judge the law, you are not keeping it, but sitting in judgement of it.  There is only one Lawgiver and Judge, the one who is able to save and destroy.  But you - who are you to judge your neighbor?"

Pretty convicting isn't it?  Almost like a harsh slap across the face.  However, not that physically scarring.  I can't help but to think how many I hurt without their knowing because of my littleness.  By littleness, I mean, that I was too focused on sitting in judgement of them to realize the brokenness I myself have.  Each of us has a brokenness and each of us has a weakness, but God He is made complete in our weakness. (2 Corinthians 12:9) It isn't that He desires us to be broken and weak, but that he desires that we seek Him to complete our wholeness and fix the brokenness in us.

What is my weakness?  What is my brokenness?  Oh, I can no sooner pin point that one thing than to admit there is only one thing.  However, what I do know is that I am broken and beautiful because He says so, but I am also made whole by Him because He is always faithful. (1 John 1:9)

In ending, I offer my apologies to all that have been subjected to my brokenness.  It is my hope that God will continue to grow me to a point where this is something I never have to seek forgiveness for again.

Have a blessed day! Oh...and enjoy this song! Broken and Beautiful by Mark Schultz

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Kitchen Curtains

One Car, Two Car - Red Car, Blue Car

A Slight Wardrobe Modification