Sleep is not Under-rated!

Sleep...the one thing that, just a few years baack, I would have said: "I will sleep when I die" and firmly meant it.  Now, well, lets just say, more and more each day I find myslef further and further behind on the one thing I want more of than love.  I know, it is quite strange what a a couple of years into the third decasde of life will do for one's perspective.  Perhaps it is the burning of a candle at both ends, but in all honesty, am I?

I have completed the series of classes that I was taking, half-heartedly, on Wednesdays due to a grant that we received through Work One.  I do not think there is one thing I can actively recall from a single one of the classes.  Then there is there is my Bachelor's Degree that I am attempting to complete ( I will admit the Associate's was much much easier to obtain.), and now the Industrial Maintenance Tech Certification I am working on, from yet another grant through the state.  Yes I like to learn - we should all strive to learn more.  However, I am mentally exhausted.

I am also working 45-60 hours a week.  I know, cry me a river, right?  I love my job.  I love losing myself in my work.    I get a huge sense of accomplishment knowing that I am doing something that actually does make a difference.  It helps, too, that my company is awesome.  (No they did not pay me to say that!)

So why am I tired all the time...well, out of the 24 hours a day that we all have I spend 9-12 at work, 2.0-2.5 on the road, 4-5 sleeping, 0.5-1.0 exercising, and the rest is family and school.  Yeah - that doesn't leave much for either, now does it.

With that, I am updating my steps walked, and signing off.  I need to study for a test and read the kiddos a book, and somehow find time to sleep.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Kitchen Curtains

But Would You Still Say Yes?

A Slight Wardrobe Modification