The Road of LIfe

They say that the road of life is paved with good intentions; which, in retrospect, accounts for all the potholes.  Here is about 2:30 on a Monday morning, and I'm just now getting back to this blog.  I have so much to share about the trip to Israel and yet, I haven't begun to explain it all.  My devotions this year have been focusing on "My Decade of Destiny"; this being the decade where I put God and His plans first in my life, that of course is after I recognize and accept what they are.  The truth of the matter is that I don't know.  Well, maybe I do and maybe I don't.  The easy and obvious goals are the same for everyone, it is the not so easy/obvious ones that I struggle with.  Yet the Lord has told us to bring it to Him; "Test me in this,” says the LORD Almighty, “and see if I will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it." -Malachi 3:10 However, it is this ominous "it" that I am struggling with.  The "it" in the scripture above is based on our tithe, and instantly most think of monetary tithes, but we are to give Him back at least 10% of what He has so aptly given to us; in everything. What gift, pray tell, has He given me?  Oh, I know, but where and how am I to use it?  How do I test the Lord in this? 

This is where I stand at this moment, and frankly so many moments like this one.  Stuck between a place where I know what I have and yet, don't know how to use it.  I wonder what would have happened should Picasso had done the same thing, or Edison, Flemming, Biro, Mother Teresa, John Wesley, and the list goes on and on.  Now don't get me wrong, I don't even consider myself in the ranks of anyone quite so, well, so famous, but each of these people took what they were gifted, talented to do, and used it.  Where would we be with out the beauty of art, the light bulb, penicillin, a ball pint pen, a beautiful example of extreme selfless love, or a planter of churches, etc?  Oh, I'm sure the world would have gone on, it has a way of doing that, but what potholes would these individuals contributions had made, had they not "tested" the Lord in what they did?  Again, I'm not comparing myself, merely wondering, what, if anything, would I contribute, if I gave 10% of my gift back?

So, I think I will spend this day forging ahead, using my gift in a non traditional manner, but in a manner in which I do know how.  Could this be my one and only purpose?  Nah, I doubt it highly, but know that this is the day that the Lord has made and I will rejoice and be glad in it; while giving what I do know to do, the best of my ability and by working for Him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Kitchen Curtains

A Slight Wardrobe Modification

One Car, Two Car - Red Car, Blue Car