Great Expectations

Ok, so this is my version of the story, not Charles Dickens, though he did write a good book by the same title!  In six short hours I will be at the airport anxiously awaiting the first of my flights to a distant land.  A distant, far away land...ok, so I'm letting story books get me carried away.  To be truthful, this is like a dream come true.  I mean, would an opportunity like this ever really come my way, ever, on its own?  I don't know.  All I know is that I love the fact that my company gave me this opportunity and all I had to do was love what I do and do it with all that I am.  I have a wonderful job.  I love what I do.  I love making a difference.  Who would have thought that me; a spare parts loving, excel spreadsheet making, database junkie would get this chance!  But, here I am in awe and reveling in this surreal moment.

But, this ever decreasing six short hours will go by fast, because I have yet to pack.  I have yet to buy the things I will need for the trip, yes a procrastinator, at least in this regard.  I still need to go get my hair cut, especially since it has been over three months since I have.  Not that I am one to be diligent with the upkeep of my hair.  I never was one for all that froo froo girlie stuff, but I think this time deserves the extra little something something!  However, I do have an empty camera card, a fully charged battery, new books on my Kindle, and the battery on that charged up, also a phone, which will only be good for everything BUT its phoneness (unless I want to may mad crazy charges - which I don't) ready to go.

So with that, I think I will start getting ready for this magnanimous trip.  I can't wait to share my experiences.  Yes, this is for work, but I think the experiences will trip over themselves regardless.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Kitchen Curtains

One Car, Two Car - Red Car, Blue Car

A Slight Wardrobe Modification