This View

There isn't much time this morning before the work day begins; a humble reminder to the reason in which I am here.  However, I can't help but to marvel at the beauty outside my hotel room.  It may not seem like much.  A road; some construction; homes; people going on about their daily lives; yet I think in all of that is the beauty.  How often do you wake up to think man what a day, I have this to do, or that to do, and the single focus is in the  completion of the tasks at hand?  But here I am, finished with my tasks and out there are those finished with theirs, and through all the differences I see the similarities.  We are all a people.  We are all wonderfully made.  We were/are all made for a purpose.  Not a single task driven person, was created without the expressed want of a God that loves.  Oh, there are times when humanness wins out, but at this moment, it all comes into a greater degree of focus.  Don't get me wrong, we are all human, its that it all started here, or in this general vicinity, and as such, I can't help but be awestruck by the complete and wholly amazing awesomeness of it all.

I read in my devotional yesterday about worry.  Yes, this does seem like a leap in subject matter, but give me a minute.  (Note, the following are paraphrases from the devotional out of The Purpose Driven Life.)
Why do we worry?  Because we try to do what only God can do.  We try to control the uncontrollable, explain the unexplainable, do the undoable, stop the unstoppable, fix the unfixable and then we are messed up.  ONLY GOD IS IN CONTROL!  The Bible says that it is ok to set goals (tasks). But when you set those goals that might guide your direction then live one day at a time.  If you decide to worry about what is going to happen tomorrow, you'll miss out on what God wants you to do today.

So as I set out today, to complete my task of training my new friends on the use of the new DB system, I'm going to give this days worries to God.  I'm going to let Him direct my thoughts, actions and goals.  In the end, this day will be what it was designed to be the minute the alarm went off and I began the tasks at hand.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Kitchen Curtains

One Car, Two Car - Red Car, Blue Car

A Slight Wardrobe Modification