Counting My Blessings

I struggled with what to share with you; on one hand I have the lesson we covered in small group tonight - which spoke to me in many ways, on the other I have yesterday.  Yesterday is going to win.  Both have had an impact, but the magnificence of God's power and grace shines radiantly out of yesterday.

My handsome man took an unexpected, but necessary, trip over the past holiday weekend.  This trip was one that he needed for himself and though I could have gotten angry, sad, frustrated, upset, or any other number of emotions, I did not.  In fact, I was excited for him.  He was able to gain perspective.  I've come to know over the years that perspective is oftentimes one of those things you honestly cannot gain when only listening to that of "others".  This is most especially true when the "others" are not a well rounded lot.  And to that end I will share no more; after all, it isn't my story to share.

It has been many months since Mr. Man and I have just talked.  I don't mean about the house, the kids, the bills, or our jobs; I mean just talk.  You know, like you do when you are simply enjoying the person you are with.  So, on the night of the 30th he called and texted and sadly I missed both.  However, when I called back I received the first of many blessings to come. First, was simply the blessing of the conversation itself.  It was an unforced, fun, give-and-take banter that made my heart soar.  The second was the words I have longed to hear for a long, long time: "I miss you."  I received a couple more calls and texts over the next two days from him, they were, each and every one, more blessings.

Then on New Year's Day I received the best yet.  Mr. Man was really tired from his long trip and needed a nap, which rightfully so, I'd need one too. And after showing the girls the photos and videos he took, he grabbed a nap.  A bit later he woke and got around and came to talk to me.  He told me that he loved me...and I didn't have to say it first hoping for a similar response!  No, this was an unsolicited declaration.  Again, my heart soared.  But, it was the next blessing, the one I am still thanking the Lord for, that made me cry.  Not tears of sorrow, but tears of joy.  My beautiful, soft hearted, amazing man had put his wedding ring back on.  It's been a while since he has worn it, willingly, and I must say it looks GOOD on him!  I asked if he meant it and he told me yes!  YES!

Oh, dear lovelies, I have had so many beautiful blessings in the past day that I couldn't wait to share.  However, I am also going to be cautiously optimistic with this man that I love with all of my heart.  I want to believe.  I want to know, deeply, that there won't be any more days like the past couple months, but life still stays its course especially while one is making other plans.  I know there are bound to be trials and rough days ahead.  There are bound to be people, circumstances, situations, and feelings that interrupt the work God is doing.  And for that I have one reply:  "I Trust In Jesus." 

He is the only one that is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow.  He doesn't change.  BUT...and this is the wonderful part of it all...He has the power to change the lives of those who ask Him to.  And that is what keeps me going.  He keeps me going.  He gives me the strength to go on, to continue, to forgive, to love, to dream, to fight for the one worth fighting for - MY HUSBAND!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Kitchen Curtains

But Would You Still Say Yes?

A Slight Wardrobe Modification