Just Another Day

Well, not really.  Today is my husband and my 9th wedding anniversary.  To say that it has been an easy 9 years would be to lie, but to say that I'd have wished it with someone else would be as equally deceptive.  I'm not necessarily the easiest person to get along with and frankly, would really hate the process of doing everything all over again.  Now don't take that the wrong way, it isn't "settling" the way society reads it, it is "settling" as in I'm settling into a good thing.  Don't go getting all gushy on my either, sheesh.  Yes, every little girl dreams of finding her prince charming (thanks Disney for disillusioning the world for the last 50+ years!), but in all actuality they don't exist.  I'm not saying I don't believe in love, nope, not at all.  What I am saying is that I don't believe in fairy tales, or love at first sight, or any of that drivel that harlequin publishes.  Nope, I'm about as much of a realist as they get. (Though I secretly wish for and hope for it all.)  I rest firmly in the fact that when it comes down to it, if you can co-exist without living and breathing hatred and at the same time have a modicum of respect thrown in, you've won the battle.  Everything else, all those feelings and dreams, those are the things that end up destroying you and frankly you can have a life without them.

So, what did I do on my anniversary?  Work.  What did my husband do?  Work.  How much of it did we see of each other?  About 5 minutes at a little before 1am this morning when he woke me up after work.  (This was not intentional...but he is loud!)  So there you have it.  This too was just another day.  Now, don't get me wrong it isn't like we didn't celebrate at all.  We went to dinner and a movie last weekend. Got to see Harry Potter in IMAX 3D...had coupons so it only cost $5 for the both of us to go!  I know, right!  Me and my coupons.  Dinner was even pretty cheap...we had a gift certificate.  Yep frugality at its finest.  Wonder what our 10th anniversary will hold?

That said, I am currently reading 3 books.  I know, I know, it is like a novel buffet.  I have Beth Moore's So Long, Insecurity (which I am loving the more and more I read - I desperately need to have a coffee break with this woman!), a Harlequin about a rich foreign Doctor...wait for it I'm putting on my surprised face, and a psycho thriller, that is really, really hard to get into, but I will finish it...someday. 

School starts in less than a month.  I am both excited and nervous.  I have never taken 10 credit hours at one time.  I have taken 9 though, so something tells me this will be much the same.  I do not know when the kids go back to school and have received, zilch from the school.  We did registration at the end of the school year last year, so there is none of that to worry about, but I do need to get their supplies; guess I will have to go to the school's website. 

Well...now I am rambling, so with that I will go to bed. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Kitchen Curtains

But Would You Still Say Yes?

One Car, Two Car - Red Car, Blue Car