Yesterday

So yesterday was my birthday.  Was it memorable, um, no.  Was it horrible, um, no.  In all, it too was just another day, but that is, after all, what I thought it would be.  I worked in Auburn Hills at the World Headquarters from the 22nd to the 24th.  The IT Engineering group took me out for a birthday lunch which I found to be a very kind gesture.  The drive home was not fun, I took a different route home than what I did to get to the Office, it did seem easier, but ugh...the traffic and stress of it all wasn't all that worth it.  In all, would I make the trip again to work up north?  Most resoundingly, yes!

I got a lot of birthday wishes on Facebook.  I thought that was nice; thank you FB team for posting that for all people to see.  I think the birthday wish that surprised me the most was the one from my father, Sam.  It actually caused me to tear up.  Not because he actually did say it, or took the opportunity to reach out, but because I doubt he would have known the date if it wasn't public knowledge.  Oh well, it is what it is and for the small token it was nice and well received.

My mom, got me the Autobiography of Mark Twain Volume 1 - super squee - I really wanted this book and was surprised to see she remembered me talking about it.  I can't wait to get into it.  Note:  this book is almost 700 pages long not including the references and the index, which means I am not going to get through it quickly!  She also got me a GC to JCPenney, perhaps I can find some nice summer clothes.  My mother-in-law gave me $50, which will go towards the pressure canner that I want and my aunt gave me GC to a restaurant.  In all, I made out pretty good material gift wise.  My girls made me beautiful cards and my husband had the house looking fantastic for when I came home.  (This was a major stress reliever.)

So now, what am I going to do with the 364 days until my next birthday?  Oh, I have no clue, but taking them all one day at a time seems to be the best plan.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Kitchen Curtains

One Car, Two Car - Red Car, Blue Car

A Slight Wardrobe Modification