Just for the Weight of It

I am at a loss for what to do concerning my weight.  However, I have all these grand ideas.  For instance, I have started eating healthier - at least in my mind's eye I have.  I have increased my fresh fruits and veggies by more than double for a couple of weeks...yes, I know!  I have been power walking on average 3 days a week and have cut my diet soda intake by half (no I didn't switch to regular).  And what do I get for all these changes?  All of which I have been doing for a month now?  Easy, I gained 7 pounds.  So what is one to do? I am at a complete and total loss, oh wait, I already said that!

Outside of starving myself and finding some sort of scary OTC remedy what is there?   What brought all this about you ask?  Simple, I just saw the pictures of my besties and me in our swim suits and wouldn't you know it I look the worst.  Oh, come on now, not many would dare to argue with me.  I would post one of the pictures to this, but am mortified that my friend even posted them to Facebook in the first place.  (Ok, so I will attach one of them; you are welcome!)

Then there is the fact that starting with next year's insurance policy I am going to have to start paying a fat tax.  I simply do not know how to undo 14 years worth of damage to my body.  Alas, I see that I will have to move, quite literally, to the next phase.  That would be research and cutting down even more of the foods that could be sabotaging my journey.  So here is a list of things that I need to accomplish:
  • Eat better foods (Healthy fats, fruits, veggies, protein, etc)
  • Exercise more (At least 30 mins a day)
  • Drink more water (At least 8 glasses a day)
  • Curb my sweet tooth (Processed sugars are evil)

Why that list?  Well, all that research out there tells me that is what I need to do.  Now, do they tell me how I am to do it in a way that is actually achievable and applicable to my life, well, no, but hey, we can't all have our cake and eat it too. 

Huh...then again, that is probably why I wrote this post in the first place.

Signed... Fat and Disgruntled

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Kitchen Curtains

But Would You Still Say Yes?

One Car, Two Car - Red Car, Blue Car