Happy Mother's Day

This has been such a wonderful day.  I honestly couldn't have asked for a  better day, actually the whole weekend was fantastic.  I got to play in the dirt.  OK, so it wasn't just dirt it was planting soil and compost, but it was great none-the-less!  Yesterday I converted last year's dismal vegetable garden into an herb garden...yummm!  Then today, my hubby built me a 10' x 4' box so that I could have a newer, bigger vegetable garden!  Oh my, I have planted so much, OK, so maybe not that much, but enough to fill my little garden!  Now, I just hope that I can get enough out of it to make it all worth while! 

My girls all made me cards at school and in Sunday School, plus I got homemade gifts, which are always my favorite.  I have a hard time parting with the things that the girls make me.  In fact, my kitchen wall is virtually covered in all the school projects and drawings that they have made.  Some mom's don't like tape on their walls for fear it will strip the paint or look tacky.  Well, as for me, my house is what it is because of the people who live in it.  Heaven's yes I am proud to show off their work!  Who needs Home Interiors, Michaels, Hobby Lobby and all those fancy decor places when you have a house full of budding Picasso's?!

Anyways, I hope that all you had a great day and were able to say Happy Mother's Day to your mom's or loved ones in some way, shape, or form.  But mostly, I hope that those of you that are moms were able to enjoy the fact that you have this day because the Lord thought you were special enough, strong enough, worthy enough, and competent enough to "teach a child in the way he should go."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Kitchen Curtains

A Slight Wardrobe Modification

One Car, Two Car - Red Car, Blue Car