A Few More Random Thoughts

I haven't written much lately, there's a reason for that. Perhaps it is my own self doubt, or the fact that I am simply lousy at the written word, but mostly it is not anything more profound than sheer laziness. I've had a couple of stress-free, ok, who am I kidding, let's actually go with less stressful, weeks since this last term in school let out. I feel kind of weird saying that, me being close to yet another birthday in my thirty-somethings, but age is just a number, right? It's a bit after 5 in the morning and I don't think I've had this kind of quiet clarity in months. There is something truly amazing about this time of day, in fact it is my favorite - in case you wanted to know.  A lot has happened around this place in the past four months, much of which I will never find the right way to put to words, but I know that it has had a tremendous impact on my family's lives. I digress, that isn't what I wanted to share this morning. (It seems when I put my fingers to this keyboard my brain just starts flowing uncontrollably!)

I will leave you with a few of the random thoughts I had this morning:

1. If you stay in the sun too long you are libel to get burnt.
2. People are not a checklist of something to do, they are souls who need nurturing.
3. Likewise, people come and go - FB just gives you that count!
4. Dreams won't happen until you make them a goal.
5. Natural talent is seldom born, you have to work at becoming the best you can be at something.
6. Regardless of how you feel about God, He still loves you.
7. The right thing isn't always the easy thing and the easy thing isn't always the right thing.
8. Life always looks better on paper.
9. Life will happen whether fully mapped or not.
10. You are never going to make every person happy, just be yourself and in the end you will be happier.
11. True beauty can't be caught on film, but there is a joy in trying to.
12. Children who are hungry and exhausted will inevitably bring out the worst in you, no matter how much patience you think you have.
13. The Jones' don't really exist, there is no need to keep up. After all, most of us don't really have the bankroll for it anyway.
14. Give yourself a little time each day to do that one thing that makes you happy. For me, it is this.
15. Remember that life is best lived a day at a time - worrying about something that may or may not come will just steal the joy today may bring.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Slight Wardrobe Modification

Not Thinking About It

The Words