It Is What It Is...

and sometimes, that really is enough. 

There was a time, in the not so distant past, that I would cringe whenever someone said that line to me.  Not because I hated what it implied, but more from  not fully understanding what it meant.  Now, I'm not going to sit here and tell you that I have had a profound epiphany on the quote, but rather that I am now, at this point, in complete accordance with the flippancy that is holds.  Why this; why now?  Perhaps, nay, not perhaps, it is all due to coming to that place when I really don't mind what a certain set of people think.  Yes, I think my demeanor holds that same amount of flippancy.

So, I ask of you, have you ever reached out, offered something, anything, to someone but got exactly what you didn't expect in return?  And by that I don't mean more than what you expected, but rather less, much less.  There is a chance that I have high expectations for others; which, wouldn't be a hard concept to process seeing as how I expect a lot from myself.  However, this is not the case.  I'm talking about validation in the simplest of ways.  I'm talking about sheer common, nay rather, human decency.  Then I got to thinking again, there is a chance that is the response I got and it simply is what it is.

In this time, where social networking is the way of life, I think back to when feedback used to take a day, a week, a month even.  I realize that I am not "that" old, but computers weren't even really big until I graduated high school.  (Or maybe they were and I was behind the 8 ball.) So, as I sit here and wonder why I didn't get the feedback I was looking for, on the forum or in the manner I was looking for it, that I remember though despite my expectations, I know deep down, that it is what it is and only I can really be satisfied with that fact.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Kitchen Curtains

But Would You Still Say Yes?

A Slight Wardrobe Modification