Prayer and God's Wisdom

I've taken a few weeks off from writing, not just this blog but anything, really. It isn't that I haven't had words to share, more I didn't know how to share them. In these weeks I have tossed around the idea of starting another blog - one not associated with this one in any way and also written under a nom de plume if you will. Not because I  don't think the message is valid, it truly is, but because it needs to stand on its own two feet.

In the process of designing this in my head, I had breakfast with a dear friend of mine. I shared with her the thoughts and ideas I had as well as the things that have been weighing heavy on my heart. Needless to say, this time in fellowship was exactly what my heart needed to rethink the process. I will not start a new blog, at this time. I will, however, add to the book I am writing as the content is appropriate for that.

My book. I am a solid 12,000 words into it. Yes, I have roughly 70,000 to go for it to be where most people envision a book to be.  However, I took a step of faith and printed what I've written so far and given it to the aforementioned friend for full critiquing, of course. She has a hard job ahead of her on that one; what has been written isn't in order and spans several chapters worth of content, but not all of that content in its entirety. I am both nervous and excited to have her feedback. Regardless, I trust her implicitly to give it to me straight and to have it backed by prayer and God's wisdom.

To that - prayer and God's wisdom - the real reason for today's post. For years now, I have been earnestly seeking and praying hard for both wisdom and guidance. I have but few things in this world that are exceedingly important to me -

First is to be who God designed me to be. I know I cannot do this without being in His word and at His feet daily. Prayer is how I get there. I don't pray formally every time, but God and I do have a conversation throughout the day.

Second is to be a good wife and mom. I pray so very hard for this - multiple times a day, in fact. I pray to be a wife of noble character, a woman who works for the good of her family to provide for each and every need, to teach them how to become responsible adults, and a mom who her children can look up to and be thankful for. Again, I can do none of these things without being in His word and in communication with Him all day long.

Third is to be a good steward. I know in the grand scheme of things nothing of which I "have" truly belongs to me.  I know that I have only because my Heavenly Father, who loves me so much, has blessed me beyond my comprehension. And for this, I want to honor Him - In all I do and with everything He's blessed me with. I pray for stewardship almost daily.

Why this? Why now?

We're in the midst of a new storm, yes not quite six months from the last one. However, this time, we know God has grown us both. We know we are His. We know that He will never leave us nor forsake us. He will protect us and provide for us. We know we are worth more than the sparrows. We know, no matter what, He alone is our God and that nothing can keep us away from Him. We also know what in this world there will be trouble, that there will be fights against those things that can be seen and those that cannot be seen. We know that our time here is but temporary and that we have the awesome responsibility of being His hands and feet, to grow our family in His love and grace. And we also know, no matter what, at the end of the day, He is still going to be there with His arms opened wide so we can come running into them and be held. We know ALL of this because, without a shadow of a doubt, our God is exactly who He says He is. And we are His.

Have a blessed day.
Love, M

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Kitchen Curtains

But Would You Still Say Yes?

One Car, Two Car - Red Car, Blue Car