Bringing It Together

I watched a video a little while ago.  This mere days after reading a quote. I had a conversation with someone only yesterday.  What do all of these have in common?  On their face, they were ideas had by others.  Deeper, they all built upon a simple truth.  Bare with me as I put these all together.

The video was of  Lou Holtz giving a commencement speech, you may have seen it.  He said, "Never tell your problems to anyone.  20 % don't care and the other 80% are glad you have them."  The quote was by A.W. Tozer.  He said, "We are not to look or act like other people; rather we are to look like Christ. We are to do the things Christ would do in the power and the demonstration of the Holy Spirit." The conversation yesterday consisted of living life focused on God and becoming who He designed you to be.

You may be wondering how all of these fit together.  Honestly, I didn't see it at first either.  In fact, it was only this morning it all fell into place.  In case you don't know, I have a penchant for wanting to explain things.  I get a wee bit wrapped up in how I am perceived that I feel the insane need to explain - All. The. Details. To. Everyone.  Sure, I've learned to get a lot more selective over the years - not all that listen to you are trustworthy.  Yet, share I do. In that, I strive to become who God wants me to be by focusing on all the areas of others' lives where I think they have a better ability - meaning if I could be like that, then I will be who God wants me to be.  To do this, I have to explain away all the things that don't make me like that.

Here's the thing. God wants me to be me.  He doesn't want me to explain away all the things that I think make me unacceptable in the eyes of others.  Why?  Well, they don't care and it isn't going to change the things.  In fact, it may increase their perception, and mine...see how that works?! However, if I continue to look like Christ - living out His love for others, being His hands and feet, accepting and learning contentment for who and where I am.  That alone will create the best me I can be, regardless of what others chose to think. 

This isn't the first time this concept has been brought to my attention.  Sadly, the Lord has used less complex methods of hitting me between the eyes with it too.  However, there are some things in life we don't all learn the first time we see/hear them.  Thankfully, He is the great Teacher and I am ever the Student.

Hope this helped...if not, gave a clearer picture of how my brain works things together.

-M

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Kitchen Curtains

One Car, Two Car - Red Car, Blue Car

A Slight Wardrobe Modification