This, That, and a Mountain of Random

I have been a little MIA lately.  Things around here have been a wee bit crazy over the past month or so.  We have hosted 2 Japanese exchange students, I've finally gotten my knee fixed, and well, life with five Littles is just plain busy! I had hoped to use these days I'm home alone to get some blogging, writing, drawing, and reading done.  Actually, I've managed to dabble in all of it...the operative word being dabble.  I'm still reading Andy Stanley's, "The Best Question Ever".  I'm still working on putting words to the outline of the book I'm writing.  I'm still watching you-tube for drawing lessons and tips, and well, you are reading the efforts of the blogging.

I've come to realize that in all the things we want to do in life there is rarely the right amount of time to actually do them.  I have so much I want to accomplish and so many goals I have set for myself, yet I am struggling to get them done.

Another thing that has been on my mind lately is vlogging.  I know!  I have spent so many years writing to you all, why switch mediums?  Well, youtube is pretty much awesome. However, I don't know how to create a video, edit it, and submit it to the site.  Basically, I am a tech novice which is why I type. Ha!  But I am quite certain there is a video for that...oh great, another rabbit hole to fall down!!!!

I mentioned above that I have an outline for a book.  I have 2 outlines actually.  Yes, for two completely different books.  I will hold off on the topics, for now, they are still mine to develop and I'm not ready to share.  However, they are two completely different books with the same issue as the root for each.  Essentially they are like a part one and part two of a series.  No, they are not fiction.  I'm not really all that into story books anymore.  I'll read an occasional whodunnit, but otherwise, I like to keep it real.   Ergo, the genre I am writing is as such. 

I've like being crafty since I was a little girl; blame that on my maternal grandmother.  Actually, all the women and men on my mom's side of the family are epically crafty people - just with different mediums.  Some have turned them into careers (owning their own businesses) and some just do it for the fun of it.  I haven't spent enough time on any one thing to hone a skill, per se, but lately, have longed to spend more time focusing on word art.  I love letters.  What can I say?! 

What things do you enjoy doing?  What goals do you have?  How do you go about finding the time to do them?

Take it easy,
- M

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Slight Wardrobe Modification

My Kitchen Curtains

Not Thinking About It