The foot traffic on this blog seems to be as up and down as my moods of late. I'd like to say that I have an even-keel demeanor, but I'd hate to mislead you. I've been contemplating this post for a couple of weeks now. What to say and how to say it or rather what to share and how to share it. I say a lot, most of it isn't shared! I am fresh out of snarky witticism, but I do have a fairly good handle on, well, me. (At least momentarily...hehehe)
1. You can't make people like you, accept it and move on.
2. Not everyone you meet will understand you. The lengthy process of explaining yourself will get lost in translation.
3. Life will happen.
4. Politics are an evil necessity. Being neither a Democrat nor a Republican makes it a lot more difficult in an election year.
5. Your life is your life, don't let someone else tell you how to live it.
6. Accepting constructive criticism is often a hard pill to swallow.
7. When it comes down to it, there is only one person you need to please, and he's always watching.
8. Don't compromise who you are just to make a friend.
9. Your experiences are going to lead you somewhere, you need to figure out if it is the right journey.
10. Memories are there for a reason and it is ok to let some go.
11. Changing your circumstances is like herding cats, sometimes they get away from you and sometimes you have to pick them up by the scruff of the neck.
12. Finding your place in life doesn't take destroying someone else's.
13. Forgiveness is oftentimes more for your benefit than the other person's.
15. It's ok to cry - a lot.
16. Loving others takes effort and chances are you will get hurt, but growth often comes from that.
17. What you do does not make you who you are.
18. Count your blessings, then do it again - it often takes a couple times to really be thankful.
19. Have no expectations of others, you will always be surprised by what they can give when you don't limit them with your view of what's best.
20. Smile at the reflection in the mirror, you're looking a miracle in the face.
21. Let your friends know how much they mean to you - even if they know, they like to hear it too.
22. Hug your kids - they were specially created just for you!
23. Be honest with yourself with out belittling your existence.
24. Have a goal, then find a way to achieve it.
25. Kiss your spouse for no reason. Sometimes that's all it takes.